Drama Drama Drama (also a kit release)

Okay, so basically, my life is kind of drama-filled lately. A lot has been going on. A lot that I’m not going to throw out on my blog for the world to see. In other words… life has been crazy.

Hence the lack of blogging!

But… I’m here really quickly to show you this stunning new kit March released, as well as a nice hybrid project I did using a kit by Ryan! So I have lots of awesome things to show you. Also, I’ll kind of walk you through how I did my hybrid project. It’s super simple, but it was my first hybrid EVER… I honestly never thought I’d be able to do one!

First, March’s new release!

I did two super cute layouts with this kit, and I just love love love it…

I just love the papers in this so much- the gingham was super fun to work with, and was a new challenge, since I have been a solid-background-only scrapper lately.

The beautiful kit is called Love Gingham and it’s in the Brownie Scraps store for 30% off right now.

The image should be linked, but just in case, here is a link to it in store! http://www.browniescraps.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_90&products_id=1196

Now, for my hybrid project!

I used the kit Spring Has Sprung by Roseytoes Designs.

It’s also linked to it’s store, and can be found here, at Moo Two designs. http://mootwodesigns.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=47_186&products_id=4483

The image quality is kind of meh… sorry!

First, I took all of the elements I wanted… I stacked a couple of flowers digitally, and also resized some papers. I went ahead and wrote my message in my photo editing program.

I put all of the pieces into a Word document, then printed on Card Stock (I adjusted the saturation, and also make sure to adjust my printer settings accordingly, to reflect that I was using Card Stock, which absorbs ink differently than standard paper and, if unadjusted, can make your finished project look a bit washed out).

I printed, and then cut out each piece. I then inked the edges. On the flowers, I inked the edges the same colour as the outermost petals. On the papers, I inked opposite- for example, you can tell the pink is inked green, and the green is inked pink.

Then, I assembled. I didn’t have pop dots on hand to add dimension, but I did have double stick tape! I went ahead and taped on my ribbon and my square. Then, I took double stick table and folded it until I had the height I wanted for my flowers. Then, I stuck them on! Before sticking them on, I kind of “fluffed” them a little bit- ruffling the petals up to make it pop even more!

So… there you go. A simple, flat panel card. It’s 5×7, so about the size of a normal photograph!

I hope you check out both of the kits I mentioned today, and hopefully I’ll be back soon with more photographs and an update on life!

Also, I applied for a CT over at Sweet Shoppe Designs, for Kristin Cronin-Barrow Designs. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. It’s kind of a dream CT for me (as are the two CTs I am already on— I wanted them SO bad! It was a dream come true to get accepted to them!) So I have my fingers crossed for KCB. A lot of people have applied, and we will be getting accepts/regrets on Wednesday. So keep your fingers, toes, and eyes crossed for me!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s